COVID-19 Updates from the Yola’s Cafe Team
Yola’s Cafe has been a Madison favorite with event Catering and as a Neighborhood Café for the past 11+ years, and your support has been amazing. With the current ‘Forward Dane’ Phase 1 metrics being met, starting Tuesday, May 26 we will reopen our dining room to 25% capacity or 15 guests. We have also added more tables and chairs to our outdoor patio and can accommodate up to 35 guests outside.
The following options are still available so that all of our loyal clients, patrons and guests have all of their dining needs covered during this transitional time.
Dine-In, Takeout, Curbside To-Go, No-Contact Delivery & NEW Family Meals Menu
Yola’s Cafe is offering curbside pick-up and no-contact delivery (orders $15 or more) of our full Café & Drink Menu, Baked Goods and weekly Family Meals** to help keep our community happy, healthy and in good spirits! Please like and follow are Facebook page for daily updates and offerings – https://facebook.com/yolascafe
**Please give us 5 hours’ notice for all Family Dinner Meal orders and pick-up is available between 4:00pm-6:00pm.**
Café Operating Hours
The Cafe is OPEN Mon-Sat from 6:30am-3:30pm, Sun – Closed offering our full café and drink menu for dine-in (see above), takeout, curbside pick-up and no-contact delivery.
**If you’d like curbside to-go please place your order in advance online and call the Café at 608-827-5800 upon arrival**
Order online: https://order.yolascafe.com/s/order
Call-in Orders: 608-827-5800 and make payment over the phone
Gift Card Purchases
You can also support us at this time by purchasing a Yola’s Café on our website. Buy a gift card today and use it now or later on a future visit when things are back to normal. Doing this will give us a much-needed boost right now.
Because of the heightened concern over the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Yola’s Café & Catering wants to assure you we are sensitive to your concerns. We’re taking the Coronavirus very seriously. Our staff is following CDC best practices for food preparation and there is no evidence of COVID-19 being transmitted via food.
Cleaning & Pre-Cautionary Procedures We Have Adopted:
- Hand washing is mandatory with increased frequency for all members of our staff.
- Sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafe and we have a limited number or face masks available for purchase ($1.00ea) if you need one.
- All staff members are screened for temperature and signs of illness like fever, cough or shortness of breath before their shift begins.
- Signage has been added to our kitchen and dining room to encourage hand washing, prohibit handshaking or personal contact, and to practice social distancing.
- Staff and guests are required to keep 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- Our food and beverage deliveries are accepted in a secure location that is monitored and only accessed by approved staff. Any product received is thoroughly cleaned prior to being accepted into our building.
- Contact surfaces including but not limited to door handles, tables, chairs, credit card processing devices, tables, faucets, and bathrooms are sanitized regularly.
- Our dining area floor plan has been updated to practice 6 feet of social distancing and to adhere to capacity regulation.
- Our staff shifts are now staggered to reduce contact amongst our employees.
- We are using disinfectant spray with active ingredients registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to kill any traces of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Staff members will adhere to strict hand washing etiquette (e.g. before, during, and after preparing food; after touching garbage) and proper glove use when working with ready-to-eat foods.
- Staff members in the kitchen and front-of-house will all be wearing face masks when unable to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from people.
Forward Dane Phase 2 Update (06/15/2020):
- Capacity limits for dine-in have been increased to 50%.
- Outdoor patio seating is capped at 100 people maximum.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.
- No limit on number seated at tables provided all are from the same living unit or household.
- Customers will be allowed to self-serve coffee and water. However, self-dispensing of cups, lids, and straws is still prohibited. Employees must dispense all single-use items where the virus could be spread by customer’s contact.
- Self-dispensing of coffee creamer is still prohibited, and can only be served by employees to customers.
Our family and staff want to thank all of you in advance for everyone’s support during this time. Please stay safe, healthy and in good spirits!
– Lance and Lisa Ratze, Owners and the Yola’s Cafe Staff