COVID-19 Updates from the Yola’s Cafe Team
Yola’s Cafe has been a Madison favorite with event Catering and as a Neighborhood Café for the past 11+ years, and your support has been amazing. The Public Health Department of Madison & Dane County, starting Monday, July 13th has issued Emergency Order #8 which will require a couple of different changes to our current operation (see below). However, we are still able to offer dine-in at 25% capacity or 15 guests. Patio seating is still available with added tables and chairs and can accommodate up to 35 guests with proper distancing between tables.
The following options are still available so that all of our loyal clients, patrons and guests have all of their dining needs covered during this transitional time.
Dine-In, Takeout, Curbside To-Go, No-Contact Delivery & NEW Family Meals Menu
Yola’s Cafe is offering curbside pick-up and no-contact delivery (orders $15 or more) of our full Café & Drink Menu, Baked Goods and weekly Family Meals** to help keep our community happy, healthy and in good spirits! Please like and follow are Facebook page for daily updates and offerings – https://facebook.com/yolascafe
**Please give us 5 hours’ notice for all Family Dinner Meal orders and pick-up is available between 4:00pm-6:00pm.**
Café Operating Hours
The Cafe is OPEN Mon-Sat from 6:30am-3:30pm, Sun – Closed offering our full café and drink menu for dine-in (see above), takeout, curbside pick-up and no-contact delivery.
**If you’d like curbside to-go please place your order in advance online and call the Café at 608-827-5800 upon arrival**
Order online: https://order.yolascafe.com/s/order
Call-in Orders: 608-827-5800 and make payment over the phone
Gift Card Purchases
You can also support us at this time by purchasing a Yola’s Café on our website. Buy a gift card today and use it now or later on a future visit when things are back to normal. Doing this will give us a much-needed boost right now.
Because of the heightened concern over the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), Yola’s Café & Catering wants to assure you we are sensitive to your concerns. We’re taking the Coronavirus very seriously. Our staff is following CDC best practices for food preparation and there is no evidence of COVID-19 being transmitted via food.
Cleaning & Pre-Cautionary Procedures We Have Adopted:
- Hand washing is mandatory with increased frequency for all members of our staff.
- Sanitizer stations are available throughout the cafe and we have a limited number or face masks available for purchase ($1.00ea) if you need one.
- All staff members are screened for temperature and signs of illness like fever, cough or shortness of breath before their shift begins.
- Signage has been added to our kitchen and dining room to encourage hand washing, prohibit handshaking or personal contact, and to practice social distancing.
- Staff and guests are required to keep 6 feet of physical distance at all times.
- Our food and beverage deliveries are accepted in a secure location that is monitored and only accessed by approved staff. Any product received is thoroughly cleaned prior to being accepted into our building.
- Contact surfaces including but not limited to door handles, tables, chairs, credit card processing devices, tables, faucets, and bathrooms are sanitized regularly.
- Our dining area floor plan has been updated to practice 6 feet of social distancing and to adhere to capacity regulation.
- Our staff shifts are now staggered to reduce contact amongst our employees.
- We are using disinfectant spray with active ingredients registered with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to kill any traces of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Staff members will adhere to strict hand washing etiquette (e.g. before, during, and after preparing food; after touching garbage) and proper glove use when working with ready-to-eat foods.
- Staff members in the kitchen and front-of-house will all be wearing face masks when unable to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from people.
Public Health Madison & Dane County Emergency Order #8 Goes Into Effect on 07/13/2020 @ 8:00 a.m.:
- *New* Every individual, age five (5) and older, in Dane County must wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth when in inside the cafe. However, you may remove your face coverings while you are eating or drinking. See link above for other circumstances that exempt an individual from wearing a face covering. Note: This new order should not be used as justification to harass or harm another
person who is either wearing or not wearing a face covering. People should assume others have valid reasons for wearing or not wearing a face covering.
- *New* Capacity limits for dine-in have been decreased to 25%. This means that we must limit our dine-in capacity to 15 guests at a time.
- Outdoor patio dining is allowed and a face mask is not required as long as you maintain 6ft physical distancing.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet is required between tables.
- A maximum of 6 people seated at tables.
- Customers will be allowed to self-serve coffee and water. However, self-dispensing of cups, lids, and straws is still prohibited. Employees must dispense all single-use items where the virus could be spread by customer’s contact.
- Self-dispensing of coffee creamer is still prohibited, and can only be served by employees to customers.
Our family and staff want to thank all of you in advance for everyone’s support during this time. Please stay safe, healthy and in good spirits!
– Lance and Lisa Ratze, Owners and the Yola’s Cafe Staff